Dogwalking Terms and Conditions
- All dogs must have a collar and I.D tag.
- Dogwalkers must be able to access the property to pick up and drop off the dog withing the scheduled time slot. If we cannot access the dog then full price will be charged for the service.
Cancellations must be made by 9pm the prior evening otherwise full fee will be charged.
Due to having a busy schedule if you have not given us a key and we have to wait more than 5 minutes to pic up/return dog then waiting time will be added. We can not wait more than 10mins as other dogs are waiting. If we have to return back to your property then additional travel costs will be added.
- Any walks, visits or daycare/boarding pick up/drop offs that are outside our normal working hours/do not fit in with our normal routes will incur additional surcharge. Normal working hours are Mon-Sat 7am-5pm. Evenings,Sundays and bank holidays are all 50% extra.
Daycare/Boarding Terms and Conditions
- One Person should leave and collect the dog. If you need to nominate another person to do either we ask that you inform us of the name and phone number of that person. We will require the specified person to identify him or herself before removing your dog. ID in the form of a passport or driver’s license will be accepted. The dog will not be released to them without prior consent from the owner and you will be liable for any extra boarding charges should this occur. This is for the safety and security of your dog. This does not apply where the dog is collected from your home.
- All dogs need to undertake a trial/assessment night if not already a walking/daycare customer. All required paperwork must be completed prior to their stay.
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before staying with us. It is your responsibility to vaccinate your dog. Vaccination certificates must be provided, which we will take a photocopy of for our records. Vaccination against kennel cough is required. We take no responsibility for your dog contracting any viral diseases while staying with us.
- Please advise us IMMEDIATELY if your female dog is in season or due to come into season. Due to the nature of home boarding and the lack of confinement and although every effort would be made to prevent pregnancy, we can accept no responsibility should your dog become pregnant. It is your responsibility to have your dog neutered or spayed and we highly recommend that you spay/neuter your dog. Place priority is given to spayed and neutered dogs.
- We will find a new home for any dog if not collected 30 days from due departure date if we cannot contact you. You agree to this and to pay for all associated costs.
- We reserve the right to act in the best interests of the dog at all times this includes seeking veterinary advice if he/she becomes ill. We will contact you immediately should your dog become ill. If you cannot be contacted within a reasonable time or have chosen not to be contacted we reserve the right to seek appropriate and swift veterinary attention and proceed with treatment regardless of costs, which you agree to cover. We will do everything needed for the dog as regards treatment, comfort and recovery. If euthanasia is absolutely necessary (determined by the vet) for whatever reason excluding behavioral (aggression etc) we will accept and act upon that vet advice.
- All dogs are accepted at their owners’ risk. While every possible care and attention is given to each dog, we cannot be held responsible for any injury, illness, loss or damage, howsoever arising. Any vet fees incurred during the dogs stay will be covered by you the owner.
- Your dog should be wearing a collar with an ‘ID’ tag.
- Cancellation – Confirmed bookings cancelled 2 weeks before boarding will be subject to a 25% cancellation charge. Within 1 week of boarding a 50% charge will apply. Less than a week before boarding will be subject to a 75% cancellation charge.